Friday, June 17, 2011

Ready to Tumbl

I've decided it's time to get my head around Tumblr.

With recent articles in Technorati and Forbes claiming that "Tumblr is growing at an outstanding rate, now bringing in more than 250 million views per day spread across almost 19 million blogs," and this viral Tumblr  from a few days ago piquing my interest, I knew it was time to start digging.

As far as I can tell, Tumblr is a mash-up of Facebook, blogs and Twitter. I've created a Bib20 account there, but I'm nowhere near ready to start blogging on it yet.

If you want to explore with me, be sure to read Vicki Davis's Beginner's Guide to Tumblr.  I'm also using this post on customizing Tumblr.

To be honest, I don't even know enough about it yet to be able to say what uses it might have for education and libraries, or whether it's just the latest rising fad.  That's what I want to find out.  

If any of you have experience with Tumblr or thoughts on its value, please write a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment